"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife." Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen
Reading and books are a way to escape for some people. They are a way to learn about the world, for others. For us, it's a little bit of both. We're just two friends, originating in high school and lasting through the years. Books brought us together and books will always be one thing we can turn to. The wonderful thing about books, is that there are so many out there, it's just a matter of time before you might find your new best friend. Sometimes, there's really nothing else like taking an old book of yours, nestling your nose between the pages, and taking a good long whiff of literature. I mean, come on! They even have a CANDLE about books. That's how meaningful they are in peoples' lives.
We both love to read more than life itself. We live for reading and
Each month, we'll have a Read of the Month, where we give our own personal reviews about the specific book we read for the month. We will also have a Bookstore of the Month, where we review a local bookstore. (Ok, yes, that's kind of an excuse to peruse a bookstore and
We hope you enjoy our journey and the books we share with you. Keep turning those pages and meeting those new friends.
Just a little about us and our reading habits.
1. What's your favorite book?
- Thing 1: My all-time favorite book is The Count of Monte Cristo- Alexandre Dumas
- Thing 2: Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
2. What's your least favorite book?
- Thing 1: It's a tie between the Twilight series and The Lovely Bones. I was not a fan. :/
- Thing 2: All of the Twilights
3. Are you currently reading anything for pleasure?
- Thing 1: I am ALWAYS reading for pleasure. Anything I read, is because I want to, not because I have to. But I am currently reading Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
- Thing 2: Girls in White Dresses - Jennifer Close
4. Last book you finished?
- Thing 1: I just recently finished Four- Veronica Roth. It was also, coincidentally, the last book I bought. I own all three of the Divergent series and love them, so I had to buy the next book. I am a big fan!
- Thing 2: One of my new favorites Modoc- Ralph Helfer
5. Last book you bought?
- Thing 1: The last book I bought was Four-Veronica Roth.
- Thing 2: The one I'm currently reading Girls in White Dresses (see Question 3)
6. Why do you like reading?
- Thing 1: I love reading because it gives me an escape from reality and the real world. I have horrible anxiety, I don't make friends easily, and I love traveling. Reading gives me a chance to be comfortable and see new places. I can make new friends and always have them there to revisit. It's an escape and it's a place I will never tire of.
- Thing 2: Do I like reading? No. I live by reading end of story. If I couldn't read, I've have a seeing-book person along with my seeing-eye dog. No audio books are not the same.
7. When did you start to take an interest in reading?
- Thing 1: Honestly, I never really had any other choice! :3. My mother is a teacher, very often teaching Title 1 Reading. My grandmother is also a teacher, as well as several other family members. I've have my nose in a book for as long as I can remember. Even when I was reading children's books, I would pull them off my shelf and pore over them.
- Thing 2: Honestly- when I couldn't make friends/they spit on me/pushed me around the playground. I spent 97% of my recesses in the library.