We (the owners) of this blog are not compensated to provide opinion on the books, literature, websites, and/or various other topics that we review. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely our own.

© 2014, Jess @ A Cup of Tea & A Big Book · All rights reserved.

Monday, August 25, 2014

Liebster Awards!

Guess who woke up this morning with a fabulously wonderful message on Goodreads?  Oh yeah, I did. :)  I, surprisngly, found out that I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Blessie, Mischievous Reads.  I have read about the Liebster Award on several other blogs, but I had never thought I would be nominated!  It made my day, I can tell you that! I've been book blogging since August, but it is something I am so wonderfully addicted to.  The Liebster Award is such a great idea to get some of the newer blogs up and out there!

So what is the Liebster Award?  Probably asking yourself, or my blog, that if you have never heard of it before.  The Liebster Award is a nomination from one blogger who is new to the blogosphere to another newbie.  It's great for boosting the newbies into the blogging world and finding new blogs to follow!  There are a couple of rules for this award and they are as follows.

Rules:
1. Link and thank the wonderfully fabulous and marvelous blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator asks you.
3. Tag 11 fellow newbie bloggers who have 300 or less followers
4. Ask said followers 11 questions
5. Last, but not least, let the newbies you nominated know that you nominated them!

Sounds super simple, right?  I think so, anyway.  But the true test will be as I finish this post.  I have 11 questions to answer, 11 newbie blogs to nominate, and then 11 questions to come up with!  It will be close.  So, without further ado, here we go!



1. First book you've ever read of your favorite genre.
    The first book I've ever read of my favorite genre was Rifle's for Watie-Harold Keith

2. What are you currently reading?
    I am currently reading The Duplicitous Debutante-  Becky Lower

3. If you were given the chance meet any character from a fictional book of your own choice, who and why?
     I would love to meet Jamie Fraser from Outlander-Diana Gabaldon.  He is a character that I understand almost anytime when reading the series.  His mannerisms, thought process, and reactions to everything make him a very likable and relatable person to me.  Plus, he's a bloody Scotsman...Why wouldn't I want to meet him?  :3

4. Most anticipated book of 2015.
     How horrible of a book blogger would I be if I said that I wasn't aware of any of the books of 2015?   Yes, I know...it's bad

5. If you were to stay in a place for a year and can only bring five books to read, which would you bring?
    I thought this question was going to be harder at first, having so many books that I love and cherish, but when I got down to the nitty gritty of it, it wasn't that hard at all.  1. Outlander-Diana Gabaldon  2. The Count of Monte Cristo- Alexandre Dumas   3. What Happened To Goodbye- Sarah Dessen   4. Secretariat- William Nack    5. The Night Circus- Erin Morgenstern  These are among my top favorite and the majority of them are long enough that it would take me a good day or two to complete with a significant rest, but they are all stories I would love to live in.  They are books I re-read on a regular basis because they are so significant to me and my life.

6. How many books do you personally own?
     I own over 350 books in my own personal library.  That includes both hardcopies and ebooks, but yes, that number is correct. I have counted and recounted all of my books several times over. :)  My collection is always growing!

7. If you could live in a fictional world, which would you choose and why?
8. If you could have any supernatural ability to use forever, which and why?
     I think a supernatural ability I would love to use forever would be the ability to talk to animals and to have them understand me as well as me being able to understand them.  I would never get tired of that.  

9. What's your take on books turned into movies? Like or dislike?
     I think that turning books into movies has great potential but most of the time, I am disappointed in the results.  When it is really thought out and time and care has been put into the process, a great rendition of the book is created.  But I've found that many times, the way some one is portrayed in the movie isn't always how I thought it should be portrayed and it has ruined the book for me before.  That's one thing I love so much about books.  Every time you read it, you can get something new from it, as well as having a totally different perspective as someone next to you with the same book.

10. Five facts about yourself. 
     1. I can fluently speak in Pig Latin.
     2. I own 8 horses, ride, show and train them.
     3. It took me 2 hours to read the last Harry Potter book and I enjoyed it immensely.
     4. I collect rubber duckies.
     5. I dislike the library because I generally want to keep the books I've checked out, but I love that it is so accessible to everyone.

11. What's up next on your TBR shelf?
     Next on my TBR shelf isssssssss The Book Thief-  Markus Zusak


Whoohoo!  Done with part numberrrrr 2!  On to three.  Now to think up 11 questions. :D

  1. What was one of your favorite childhood stories?
  2. Would you rather be able to buy as many books as you could but only read one month out of the year? Or read as many books as you want but you could only buy one book a year? Why?
  3. Do you have free standing bookshelves or wall mounted book shelves?
  4. How do you organize your books at home?
  5. Who is an inspirational author to you?  Why?
  6. What is hands down, in your opinion, one of the best books ever written?
  7. Tea or coffee?
  8. What is your favorite genre of books? Least favorite?
  9. What started you with book blogging?
  10. Do you have a favorite place to read? If so, where?
  11. Do you book binge or choose selectively when at the bookstore?
Yay! Those are all of my questions.  I hope you guys have fun answering them!  I know I will have fun looking around to see how they were answered. :D Now on to the last step!

My Nominations
Erin: The Hardcover Lover
Fangirling Misses
A Perfection Called Books
Basically Books 1994

Each and every one of you book bloggers rock and are soooo important to the life and vivacity of the book blogosphere!  I am so happy and proud to be a part of such a fabulous bookish family!



6 comments :

  1. Aww thanks for the nomination! <3
    8 horses -.- Unfair.
    —C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! Keep on rockin' ! Haha. Every once in a while they drive me insane. I'll start sending them your way. XD

      Jess

      Delete
  2. Congrats! It is so much fun to be nominated! Thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Oh my goodness, isn't it? Haha. You are so very welcome!

      Delete
  3. thanks so much!! I just saw this!! I will be doing this tomorrow !! xoxoxoxooxox!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome! I can't wait to read your post! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! We greatly appreciate your support and taking the time to read our blog! We hope you enjoy it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...