We (the owners) of this blog are not compensated to provide opinion on the books, literature, websites, and/or various other topics that we review. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely our own.

© 2014, Jess @ A Cup of Tea & A Big Book · All rights reserved.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

BLOG/LIFE UPDATE: Life Has Its Own Agenda

Oh my goodness.  First and foremost, I want to send out my most sincere apologies to all of our followers, tour hosts, authors, and the great people that help make this blog a success!!

I wish I could say that I knew when life was going to throw it's curveballs out, but sadly, I haven't a clue. A week and a half ago, my grandfather became extremely sick and I had to put some things on hold while we tried to figure out what was wrong.  Then, last Monday, I was driving my grandfather to his doctor's appointment, when he had a bout with his encroaching Alzheimer's and forgot who I was.  He ended up taking the car and frantically driving away, only to become involved in a car accident, totaling the vehicle.  He was injured and unfortunately, all of my school stuff that was in the vehicle was either demolished or thrown away.  Including my now smashed laptop. :(

It has been one heck of a week trying to get everything figured out and making sure my grandfather is ok.  A nightmare, really.  I am so blessed that my grandfather isn't more injured than he is.  Someone was watching out for him that day.  I was able to pick up my replacement laptop earlier this morning.  Yes, I did a HAPPY DANCE!  But I have also been beside myself in how I've let everyone down in the book blogging community.

I am so, so very sorry!  I know how it feels when it seems like someone has dropped off the face of the Earth with no rhyme or reason.  I hate now knowing just as much as some of you do.  Plus, I had commitments that I just wasn't able to keep, and I know how that makes me look to everyone.

I just want everyone to know that while it wasn't on purpose (I can't control everything in my life, even though sometimes I like to think I can XD) I am going to be doing everything I can to make it up to everyone.  I have the late posts coming up, with the reviews I promised, and I'm charging ahead with the promises I have coming up.  I've missed the community!

I see you guys as my second family!  There's just so much support and camaraderie that I've experienced and I really love getting to know everyone. I hope everything is going well in your lives!!
Here's to book blogging!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! We greatly appreciate your support and taking the time to read our blog! We hope you enjoy it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...